sexta-feira, 15 de abril de 2011

Have you ever see the rain?


Hey folks, that´s me again!

This time I´m writing in English because I have something special to show you. An old student and friend of mine sent me this video about how fast and which angle you should walk in the rain to get the least wet. It´s a great class by Prof. Walter Levin (MIT) and take only 18min to get solved. It was the best 18min on internet I had this week, so, I´m glad to share it with you.

While you watch this video, pay attention to the differences between Brazilian and American way of teach on the board. Prof. Levin writes the equations without demonstrations, assuming you already know all of the knowledge required. After all, he´s a teacher of MIT, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, one of the greatest universities of science in USA.

Have fun, and this time, if it´s possible, send me a message (commentary). Have a great weekend.

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/04/how_to_avoid_getting_wet_in_th.html

3 comentários:

  1. AHAHHA, alright .. Now I will just run at the same time of the rain in an angle of 45 degrees for the rest of my life.

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Now, using the same method, explain how fast your boat has to go to escape of the floods in Sao Paulo. ;)

    ResponderExcluir
  3. weeeelll, i would escape in a velocity of 8 or 10 km/h (because that is the velocity of the rain). But if the minimum altitude of rain clouds is approximately 1,200 meters, an object that has the same weight and size of a raindrop, falling that time accelerating, it would falls in the ground at a speed of.. 558km/h! Hahaha, it is obvious that i didn't do this alone.. I did a research. But, if something with this weight falls at this velocity doesn't destroys everything, so why every rain drop that falls of the rain clouds in that altitude, didn't do that? Could you please answer me professor? (its just a doubt, its not a challenge or something like that, haha)

    ResponderExcluir